GOTHAM VENTURES BRINGS SUBSTANTIAL VALUE TO ENTREPRENEURS.
The experience of the Gotham Ventures team is diverse and robust, bringing a wealth of insight about strategic, financial and operational decisions to its portfolio companies. Our team has founded and sold billion dollar companies, led dozens of private placements, taken marquee companies public, advised Fortune 500 firms and served as Board members to numerous successful startups.
Leading Investor in New York City
For more than a decade, Gotham Ventures has developed its well-known and widely-respected brand as a leading investor in the New York technology ecosystem.
- Successful exits. Each of us has realized successful exits as a venture capitalist and/or an operator.
- Mentorship. We mentor startup companies for leading accelerators including TechStars and DreamIt, and work hard to make ourselves available as a resource to entrepreneurs in the New York City area.
- Thought Leadership. We speak regularly at events on a range of topics and work closely with New York City area universities, as advisors and teachers in entrepreneurship programs.
- Community leadership. Over the past decade, Gotham Ventures has worked to foster the growth of the New York City area technology ecosystem. We serve on the Boards of the leading community organizations including the New York Tech Meetup and the New York Venture Capital Association.
Our Companies are Acquired by Tech Elite
Innovating in Venture
Gotham Ventures continuously explores new ways to engage with entrepreneurs. We are:
- Among the first early-stage venture firms focused on the New York City area when we opened our doors in 1999.
- The first NYC-based venture firm to launch a Seed investment program.
- The first NYC-based venture firm to partner with a global Silicon Valley-based VC, Draper Fisher Jurvetson.
- Among the first NYC-based venture firms to proactively invest in Israeli startups.
- The first venture firm to sponsor the New York Tech Meetup and an early supporter of DreamIt and Techstars.
Reach & Resources
The Gotham Ventures team maintains an extensive network of relationships that it taps to help portfolio companies get to market faster, scale, and craft successful exits. These relationships come from direct working relationships with 24/7 Real Media, Adobe, AOL, Capital One, DailyMotion, MTV, Time Warner and Viacom, as well as experience selling portfolio companies to top acquirers such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and AT&T.